Conduct Skid Steer Loader Operations
Anyone wishing to enter the industry who require operator training.
To train novice operators in the skills required to enter the industry as a certified skid steer loader operator.
The course covers:
- Work planning and pre-operational checks
- Operation of a skid steer loader
- Shifting loads
- Select, remove and fit attachments
- Relocating the skid steer loader
- Machine maintenance and clean-ups
- Adopting safe work practices
This is an assessable course and you will be required to undertake a:
- Written assessment (approximately 19 questions)
- Practical assessment.
Those successfully completing this course will receive:
- Statement of Attainment for the nationally accredited unit RIIMPO318B Conduct Skid Steer Loader Operations
- Heavy Equipment Accreditation wallet card
The duration of the course is two days and usually runs from 8.30am - 4.30pm each day.
- Morning tea
- Light lunch
- All course resources
To register, please contact the Skills Development Centre on 08 9892 7504 or email email@example.com.
On-site assessments are also available, see Skilled Operators.
Minimum 18 years of age and have current driving experience
Have the necessary levels of health and fitness to operate equipment safely
You must have literacy and numeracy skills to a level that will allow you to complete the written component of the assessment. If you have language or literacy concerns please discuss them with us so that alternative arrangements can be made PRIOR to the course commencing.
Able to communicate and understand instructions for safety requirements
Wear steel capped boots (hard hats supplied during the training)